Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Picture Posters

I spent the entire afternoon with my Aunt Roxanne. I love spending time with her, and am thankful for her friendship. After hanging out with her a little yesterday evening, I offered to help her create the picture collages for Ruby’s viewing and funeral. We started at 11:00 and I had to quite (due to tired kids) 4:30. How do you put 47 years of love, laughter, friendship and family on two poster boards?!

I think we did a nice job. Here are a few of what we used.

DSC_0031

My Dad and Aunt Ruby

DSC_0035

Ruby and Jerry on their wedding day! (these were the hardest for us to go through, we smiled over the memories... we also cried)

imagejpeg_2_6

Not a very good picture, I took this with my phone. However this is one of the two boards that we made. We wanted to celebrate her life, and let other see who she was. I had forgotten what an incredibly beautiful woman she was, both inside and outside. This has been so consuming over my thoughts and prayer life for so many months now. Last night Curt prayed for Ruby’s body to come alive again. Brett explained to him that once someone goes to live with Jesus, that is where they stay. Curt, "Oh, like dead for real?" Brett explained to him that he was correct. Curtis then replies, "Oh.. did God not hear us?" We had a very sweet conversation with Curtis after this. Explaining that God did in fact hear us, and that his answer was yes, he DID heal her. He just chose to heal her in heaven and not on earth. I know that Monday is going to be incredibly difficult. My Aunt Ruby’s funeral is at 10:00 am in Oklahoma and then a graveside service back here in Maize,KS.

I now hug Brett a little tighter, and take in every small thing that my sweet children do. I am very thankful for them. It’s amazing how much easier a wonderful family makes these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment