Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Called out by a 5 Year Old..

Our nightly routine consists of baths, bibles time, prayer and bed. We have done a really good job of this with our children. While too often my personal devotion time is cut to short, we make sure that our children spend time daily in the word. We have been through several "kid" studies with them (mainly Curt). I didn’t really even notice (embarrassed to say) but had not done bible time since loosing my Aunt Ruby. I wouldn’t say I am mad at God, not at all. I am super sad, confused (I truly thought she would be healed here on Earth, and perhaps be our Job), and very thankful for her life. Definitely not mad. Tonight after baths Curt asked me why we don’t do bible time any more? Brett looked at me and as if to say, "well don’t we feel small!" I am thankful that I have a 5 year-old who will call me out when I fall short! God is already using this sweet little person in great ways.

**this is what bible time looks like at our house**

DSC_0346DSC_0349

Brett or I will find them the spot which is refranced in our study. Then Curt will retell us what we talked about.. It is so fun, Cadie is just now starting to really get involved. I am thankful for a husband who will do this with us as a family!DSC_0345DSC_0352

This is the "study" we are doing with them now. Short and Sweet, and just what they need. After each day they take turns coloring in the page so we know that we have done that page. In loosing my Aunt Ruby, it is even more important to me that Curt and Cadie see how very important Christ-likeness is! I am starting to see possible blossoms stemming from loosing my Aunt Ruby. I am praying for God’s Will...

No comments:

Post a Comment