Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Remembering...

I was going to save this post until July 27 ~ This is the date my Grandpa Peeka (Coslett) went to live with Jesus! I can now smile and have such *beautiful* memories of this wonderful man. The pain and tears are still there, but I have such a wonderful love and memory of him that hasn't faded even a little....
I decided to go ahead and post about him today because my three year old unknowingly brought me to tears this evening. Curtis was up in his room playing and carrying on a conversation with someone. Upon entering his room to put his laundry away I asked him who he was talking to? His reply, "An Angel!" ~ Oh I said smiling~ put his cloths away and went to walk out, with my back to him he then says, "Yea he says that he likes firetrucks and that he loves you Mommy...." I stopped there in the middle of his door frame as tears filled my eyes I was speechless...... As I recomposed my thoughts without turning to Curtis I simply replied, "Hey Curtis, tell him I love him too!"
Curtis and My Grandpa on Father's Day 2007

3 comments:

  1. Kim that is absolutely beautiful and I love that you can share that now. Just think last year you wouldn't have been able to share that story. You are so blessed he is watching out for you so from up above.

    ReplyDelete