Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Everything has a Season...


"The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools."
Ecclesiastes 7:8-9
**
To finish what we start takes hard work, wise guidance, self-discipline, and patience. Anyone with vision can start a big project. But vision without wisdom often results in unfinished projects and goals. I am having to remind myself of this today... I was offered a second part time job today, and with a reluctant heart I smiled and took the offer. I would have liked to have just returned to the coop full time, but was placed back into the same position I had last year (which is part time). So to help make ends meet I am now working two part time jobs while going to school full time and running a household. Please don't take this journal entry as a seeking for pity. In fact it is the exact opposite. I would be lying to say that I haven't had a few tears this evening (privately) with the thought of working evenings, and what that will entitle that I miss out on... also working Saturdays now and every 4th Sunday afternoon. This isn't want I would choose to be doing, but it is what I have to work with right now. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that Curtis and Cadie can be home with either Brett or I as much as possible. I am very Thankful for my Mom and the love she has for my children, but we are supposed to be raising our children, not Grandma. It is important that I focus my thoughts that "The end matter is better than the beginning" and remember that this season of our lives too shall pass. Although I am in no hurry for my "babies" to grow up any faster than they already are. So I chose to be thankful for a second job, in a time when some people have a difficult time finding one job. Two years from now I will be getting ready to start my own classroom, and I will know then that the "end" was worth all of the hard work put in, in the beginning!

1 comment:

  1. Kim - you're an inspiration!
    You are doing a wonderful job, and if you ever need help with anything at all, please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete