Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our *first* Broken Bone

Just before getting home from work today, Cadence climbed into her bed (which she was successful in doing) It was the climbing out that was the problem....
After x-rays it was confirmed that Cadie had broken her arm ;(
It isn't broken all the way through but is more than just fractured. It is down towards her wrist.
Today they put a "soft" cast on to allow for swelling (which she HAS) and then
we will go back on Thursday at 11:15 for them to reset her wrist and put on her
"hard" cast! I wish I could say she was a "good little patient" however after her many many
ear infections and her recent ear tubes she has NO USE FOR THE DOCTORS OFFICE!
After an almost 3 hour *not so peacefully* nap she was in pretty good spirits!
Of Course Chips will make anyone smile!

Cadie is one *very loved* little girl!
Aunt Lanell, Abby and Allyson brought her over this huge balloon with m&m's in the bottom!
**
She drug in all over the house

A new Baby from Great-Grandma Winsor
(Brett told Cadie next time there are easier ways to get a new baby)

A frog pillow (to elevate her arm) from Aunt Kelly

Cadie showing off her balloon to Aunt Kristin and the boys

Then they used it as a bridge and took turns walking through it!

We then decided to go for a walk. Aunt Kristin, Levi, Cadie and I went for a walk.
(pushing Levi and Cadie in the double stroller, which they love)

Of course after a "wet-wipe" bath it was time to sample some of our candy!
**
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and love! I feel very blessed through all of the text and phone calls we have received! Thanks for loving my Little Cadence Lynn so very much!!









No comments:

Post a Comment