Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vacation Day ONE

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES
On Sunday we met up with Brett's parents and headed for Kansas City, MO for a few days!
A VERY much needed get away!
Brett and I realized that this is the first time we have went on vacation in the 6 1/2 years we've been married... So much fun doing it as parents!!
We arrived at Union Station around noon on Sunday. This was the entire reason for our trip =) To see the DINOSAURS!! Curtis was pumped!!... Cadence "thought" she was...
Prior to purchasing our tickets and heading downstairs we caught a preview of the excitement to come. Cadence liked it, until it MOVED! She was not amused by this at all!
Digging for fossils was alright..

This would be when we lost Cadie... Upon reaching the BIG and I do mean BIG Dinosaurs Cadence was very afraid. So she and I went back out the entrance and waited on everyone else to finish looking! (I am not relying on Brett for pictures of Curtis =))

This shows just how BIG they were!!
After we where done seeing the dinosaurs it was time for the second highlight of the day..
Building a Dino!
Curtis of course picked a T-Rex -which he named Rexy-

Cadence picked "a pink one" - which she named Pink-
*yes her Dino's name is Pink Dyke, my Mother-in-law and I found this rather humours*

I was now time to sit and wait for our 3D Dinosaur movie to start, and pray Cadie would sit through it...

*Our Cool 3D Glasses*
Goofy Grandpa

Curtis and Grandma
(he was pretty much attached to her for 3 days)

Cadence
(she can make anything cute)

Brett and I
**
Well she didn't like the move either, but I was able to stand and rock in the back of the theater and she fell asleep =)

Next it was time to go downstairs and see all of the trains

**
Then we went across to the Science Museum
(this was actually my favorite part)
Curtis and Cadie playing the floor piano

Curtis loves the drums, and I foresee a drummer in our home one day.
As he's drumming away he says, "Do I look cool like that guy at church?" I just laughed and told him he was just as cool as Greg =)

This was an inside Tree House, which the kids LOVED!

Cadie and Brett looking at all of the "specimens"
**
Next we walked across a LONG bridge to stacks to eat BBQ
We had a *wonderful day* at Union Station

For children who have NEVER slept in a hotel room, they didn't pretty good!

(well I guess they did, but they can neither one remember it)






















No comments:

Post a Comment