Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

She did it AGAIN!!

It is now 12:30 a.m on Friday morning, and we have been home about 30 minutes. While at Bunco group this evening Brett called me and said that he thought Cadie might have broken her OTHER arm, and he was debating on taking her to the Emergency Room. I told him not to take her anywhere without me and I would come home. Poor Jessica carpooled with me so she wasn't able to stay for Bunco! When I got home she was still very upset and wouldn't do anything with that arm. I decided to take her and give her a bath, which is a preferred so I thought this would change her mood. No such luck, in fact it seemed to make her more upset. After watching her I decided to go ahead and take her to the ER (which if you know me is a BIG NO NO FOR ME I REALLY REALLY REALLY DISLIKE THE ER). After 3 1/2 hours at the ER we found out that she had in fact done it again!!! The same type of break but on the left arm this time instead of the right. I am not embarrassed to say that this time I did cry. I can't believe that I have to do this to her again. I was actually sick to my stomach. I had just commented that our Cadie was back, and now another cast. So for now she is in a soft cast and we will go in on Monday to have Dr. Hund put on her hard cast. I just hate holding her down while she is screaming, but I would rather do it than a complete stranger.. she is scared enough! I will be doing a long term subbing in Maize for one of the structured learning teachers starting her very soon, and am not sure how it will work out when it is time for the cast to be removed?!?! Do they get a substitute teacher for a substitute teacher?!?! I guess these aren't things I need to worry with right now (however if you know me, you know I will). My babies are asleep, my house is a mess, my homework isn't done, I'm tired But God is Good.. on that note I'm going to sleep until 6:00 when I will get up and do it all over again.. Thank Heavens it's Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry, Kim! And poor Cadie. Call if there is anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was hoping for a different outcome! Poor Cadie, poor Mama.

    ReplyDelete