Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

*That's my Girl*

Ok I have had two weeks to talk myself into Cadie getting her tubes put in. I am also very aware that I fall under the "over-protecting" Mother category, and I also knew that
her tears would be out of fear and most likely not pain.. However my Mommy-Heart was
really dreading this morning. I have earnestly prayed for this morning for the past month.
First of all prayed for her safety and a quick and safe procedure..
Secondly (and honestly probably the longest) would be that she would go back with the nurses
without (or at least minimal) tears. Once again I foolishly put my limitless God into a box and was only asking/expecting minimal ears... And once again God showed me just how Great He Is..
We woke Cadence up at 5:20 this morning so we could be headed out by 5:30
and arrive for our 6:00 AM scheduled check-in..
(Not the best likeness of Mommy ;p) Cadence looked so stinkin' Cute her
in little gown and ankle braclet with her information on it.
**
The nurse we had was wonderful!! After meeting with the anesthesiologist and the doctor it was time for the nurses to take Cadie back. One nurse asked Cadie if she wanted to go Bye-Bye
with her and Cadie shook her head NO!! We laughed and while handing Cadie to the
nurses I was telling her Bye and that I loved her.. She let me hand her off without
any fight... Just as the nurse was telling her to say Bye she began to lunge back
for me, and just that fast the nurses turned around and where off with her.... WITHOUT ONE TEAR!! Brett and I waited in the waiting room for the doctor to come out. He said
everything went Beautifully, and that he drained fluid from both ears before inserting
her tubes. She wasn't awake yet, but someone would come and get us when she was....

When we got back to her a sweet nurse was rocking her and singing =) She handed
Cadence to me and we have pretty much been attached since!!
**
She has really done pretty well today. Fussy, slight fever, and disoriented a little with her
fine motor skills... but over all we had a very food experience with Surgicare and would
recommend them to anyone.

** Her eyes are open but not sure she is really awake**
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for our family!!




2 comments:

  1. So glad it went well. She'll feel better soon, and having tons more energy, and probably eating more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it went well, too! We were praying for you all! She did look cute in her gown!

    ...Oh, and I can't believe you were snapping pics at 5:20am! Craziness. ;)

    ReplyDelete