Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Pretty Good Start!

We have had a pretty good start to our Memorial Day weekend. We decided to go to Resthaven on Friday and try to beat the crowds of people. My awesome little helpers... Curtis can remember my Grandpa a little bit. He mostly remembers his "Walking Sticks" =) I am trying to make sure those memories don't fade, however I am sure in time they may.
Prior to loosing my loosing my Grandpa my Mom used to say she dreaded the Memorial Day weekend because she hated seeing her Mother cry. That they would go out and visit the grave sites as a family and her mother would be sad. Today I saw a little bit of that heavy heart you feel when your parent is hurting. However I would say we had a very nice visit.
I forget how much I miss him until I've been there!

Curtis, Cadence and Grandma Carol sitting in the shade =) (exactly where my Grandpa would have been)


I made this last year.. The picture has faired pretty well for being in my storage room or a year. Although next year I will print a new one.

You can tell from the road which one is Grandpa =) A man loved that much deserves nothing less!

Saturday: Day Two - Today we met my Grandma at Resthaven and then we went over to White Chapel where her parents are. We also visited my Grandpa Coslett's parents in a small cemetery off of 13th and Maize (or was it Tyler). The kids know that when we go to Resthaven it's to remember and talk about Grandpa Peeka (Coslett) but when we pulled into white chapel Lucas wanted to know what we were doing there? Curtis informed him that all of the flowers were people who lived with God now, and that we come to make the angels smile. I have no clue where he came up with that, but no more explanation was needed.
**
After that Kristin and her family where headed to Emporia to meet the Rohlman's, and they invited Curtis to go up with them. (And come back with my parents the same day) My initial response was NO, but I quickly remembered what two very special ladies told me (I CAN truest God with my Babies) So I kissed him Good-Bye and told him to have fun.... Brett and Cadie had some Daddy-Daughter time by fixing the mower, while I went for a run... I ran 4.54 miles (to 199th, to central, t0 15, to maple and back home.) (also if reading between the lines I ran, walk, ran, walk, ran, walk) and it took me 68.35 min..Sad Yes but where I lack in ability I make up in persistence =)
Then Cadie and I finished mowing so Brett could work on the yard... Then baths and Bed (Brett waited up for Curtis) Overall a Great start to our weekend.. but it is going by quickly!!








2 comments:

  1. Great post. So sweet to build memories of loved ones who have past in your babies. This is an area I just have not done as well. Also congrats on the long run. Keep it up beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! Great run, too (although I can't believe Pam convinced you running is fun, lol)!

    ReplyDelete