Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Count Your Blessings...

Name them One by One, count your blessings see what God has done!

Yesterday (Wednesday) was *yucky* busy for us! Wednesday mornings we have staff meetings. Which means I have to be to work and in the library ready for staffing by 8:00. So I dropped the kids off to  my Mom at 7:45a.m. (BLESSING #1: I am blessed to have my mother as our “daycare” I never worry that Curt and Cadie are missing love or attention, and she refuses to be paid, that should be a dozen blessings) During my working day I get more hugs then I can count. (BLESSING #2: Since I have to be a working parents, I get to hug children all day long) After I put my 24 1st graders on the bus I cleaned up my room, headed for my van. Only to find that I didn’t have enough gas to get from Goddard to Southwestern at Pawnee and Rock, for class at 5:00p.m. So I quickly stopped for gas (BLESSING #3: I had to resign from my full-time job in May so that I could student-teach full time. Which means we are now a one income family, so I am blessed that I had not only enough money to buy gas but also a diet coke and granola bar Winking smile). We missed youth group last night because we had a parent’s meeting at Curt’s preschool. Which means I got home from class at 6:30 and Brett and I had to leave for Curt’s school meeting at 6:40. Kelly came to watch/play with the kids so that we could go. I had told Brett that if Cadie cried for me that I would not go and he could fill me in. However, when Aunt Kelly came in and asked the kids if they wanted to play in the water outside with her, they were THRILLED, and hardly noticed that Brett and I left!! (BLESSING #4 I am blessed that Kelly loves my kids almost as much as I do). After our meeting, Brett and I were approached by a super nice couple. They asked if we were Curtis’ parents?
They were the parents of one of the little girls in Curt’s class, who was also in his class last year. They told us how sweet they thought he was, and that Addy was so excited to have him in her class again because she liked playing power rangers with him (and that she tells them “he is kind of her boyfriend”).(BLESSING #5: I am blessed that through wonderful models, Brett and I are raising great kids). When we got home around 8:30 our children were on their way out the door. Our sweet neighbors had called to see if they would like to come down and help them feed the horses a popsicle. OF COURSE THEY WOULD!! (BLESSING #6: My wonderful neighbors, who have fallen in love with my children… Donna and Annette). DSC_0162

DSC_0163DSC_0166DSC_0167

So many blessings, to many to mention. However while singing this song to Cadence tonight, I felt the need to “Count my blessings, name them one by one. Count my blessings see what God has done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment