Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spiritual Warfare

Satan knows what our soft spots are, and in a battle to win souls he will use these things against us. My achilles heel is my sweet babies! After confiding in a few close friends (and my sweet Uncle Johnny) I have come to a place where I fully trust the Lord with these two little lives. It is more important for  me to spend eternity with them, then 100 years here on Earth. It is important for me to stay in scripture daily and remember promises from my Heavenly Father, who loves my children more than I do... I read in a Max Lucado book that, "fruit doesn’t grow on mountain tops, but in valleys". I am currently running through a valley: miscarriage, extended family issues, and the latest... my nightmares of loosing my children have started to reoccur.

I am choosing to fully rely on God, while I am continuing to produce fruit in my valley. 

And again, "I put my trust in him." And again he says, "Here am I. and the children God has given me." Hebrews 2:13

DSC_0037

Only seeing these sweet faces for about 3 and a half hours a day, plays mind games with a "mommy heart" BUT my God is greater!

...I confess my weaknesses, and strive to fill the purpose set out for me, and my heart is at peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment