Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Anytime I want?

Brett and teaching our children to pray.. we pray before we eat, we pray before we leave the garage to drive somewhere, and we pray as family before bedtime. But it dawned on me that I wasn’t do a very good job of teaching Curt to just talk to God!

IMAG0001

Tonight after our normal bedtime routine which consists of baths, bible time (which is a story or a short VegiTale devo), one last trip to the bathroom and finally bed. After my shower and going back into check night lights Curt was still awake. He had a flashlight and a book that he had received from his Grandma Cindy for Easter, it was of the crucifixion and resurrection. He looked at me and asked, "Can we pray to God anytime we want, or just before we go to sleep or eat?"

We had a nice conversation about how we should "pray without ceasing" which may have been a little over his head, but I never cease to be amazed at the questions that come from this sweet child. Praying that I shepherd his heart in the right direction, he is a pretty amazing child.

1 comment:

  1. amen! it does my heart good to see children pursuing christ! love it.

    ReplyDelete