Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nothing short of a miracle..

Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

Psalm 91:2 "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

Nahum 1:7 "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

 

My has not screamed since 4:00 Thursday, and she has not nursed since 12:00 Thursday afternoon. She has had THREE poopy diapers and her only tears have been coming off of nursing. Dr. Zayat’s office called and Callie does not have pyloric stenosis. Instead she has an allergy to the fat protein that mammals produce, this would include her mother. Sad smile Callie has to be on a special formula and no  more breast feeding. I am actually feeling so much better about this since talking with my sweet cousin this morning, and realize that it is not the end of the world nor am I the first mom to have to stop nursing. I have to take Callie in on Monday for a weight check. If she is gaining weight we do not have to be hospitalized. PRAY PRAY PRAY! As she is still throwing a large amount back up, however much much less and is not screaming from stomach pain any longer!!

 

LOOK SHE DOES SMILE!!IMAG1670

4 comments:

  1. Kim! I'm so glad to read this...been praying for you and little Callie! And, your sweet cousin is right. Nursing doesn't make you a mommy, but doing the best thing for your baby is a big part of it! ;) I'll keep praying that she can put on some weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so happy that it all was finally figured out and that your baby girl is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad this is getting sorted out! I really am so happy that she isn't screaming in stomach pain anymore!! It's got to be good for your mommy-heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, Thank you SOOOOO much for the update. My heart is breaking for you as you try to resolve this and help your precious baby be pain free. Prayers and well wishes. Please keep us updated, and anyways with breastfeeding I breastfed for multiple reasons one being the weight loss as you know and that is a bunch of crap, both of my sisters got VERY skinny and I didn't loose a pound and went to a year. Take care.

    ReplyDelete