Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Aunt Ruby

Let me offer a little bit of "Winsor" background. We have always been very close with my
Dad’s family. I am the person I am today because of many life lessons I learned from them. The Winsor’s are unlike any other set of people I have ever met. They would give anyone the shirt off of their back, however if you lie, cheat, or cross one of them they are pretty much done with you. These are very smart and business savvy people. They are the exact opposite of shy, and have lived just about every life scenario you could offer to them. Overall they can be intimidating people, until you know them. EXCEPT for my Aunt Ruby. This is a woman who loves everyone, especially babies, with her entire heart. I can NEVER think of one time that my Aunt Rudy has hurt my feelings or made me cry. She is a smart, physically active and overall wonderful lady. She is the CPA for not only her husbands chiropractic clinic but for my Grandparents and Parents 5 companies. She does all of the family and company taxes. She is a very needed and relied on woman. So when satan decides to hit someone, it’s normally the strong one ;( Two years ago my Aunt Ruby was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went in for surgery, however the surgeon said they never received healthy tissue. Therefore cancer was floating around in her body and would find an organ to attach itself to. In January we learned that it has attached itself to her brain. This strong woman have fought with her once of strength she has. The beginning of the year she underwent brain surgery to have the tumor removed, and a port put into her brain.


This picture was taken at Kelly’s wedding January 1


162855_1754346227529_1505132245_31813082_1098416_n[1]


120_0612163402_1754389028599_1505132245_31813237_2863849_n[1]


Vania, Lanell, Abby and Ruby in January


Below the red arrow, is Ruby at my Dad’s birthday party in May. She would hide her"*beautiful* bald head under a sun hat.



105_0065 2



In the past 4 weeks, she has lost all mobility below the neck. My Uncle Jerry is doing everything for her. She moves her, feeds her, and I’ve seen him love her like I’ve never seen one human love another. Hospice told us that her organs were beginning to shut down and they believed her time was short. My family is down in Oklahoma ALL OF THE TIME! I have only been able to go once, in the past 2 weeks. However there have need many people going broken hearted before our heavenly father asking for healing for this beautiful person. Many of the Winsor's are not saved, and I am praying for a miracle. That the Lord will restore her body and mind. Either way the Lord will answer our prayers, she will be healed here or in Heaven, but we really would like to see it here! Last week my Grandma called and said that the hospice nurses were very surprised that her organs seem to be starting to function a little better, and her legs didn’t seem so cold today! PRAISE THE LORD! I don’t know what he has planned for my sweet Aunt, but would you please join me in seeking healing for her. At 47 she still has so much life to live. And we are not ready to say good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment