Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It’s Official...

Our home is growing by TWO FEET!

DSC_0632

I have waited to blog or Facebook until TODAY! This morning Brett and I saw Dr. Cline. I was super nervous, however trusting the Lord that no matter what we found out today I would be ok. I was not sick when pregnant with Curt or Cadie. I was vomit sick with our first pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage, that sweet little baby did not have a heartbeat and never fully formed. The past two weeks, I have been terribly sick in the late evening and night. Needless to say my imagination has gotten the worst of me a few times. It was after talking to my sweet friend Angie that I realized... what if?!?! What if this baby did not have a heartbeat this morning. I went through this entire scenario in my head, and the end result was that I would be ok. I would still be saved, I would still have a wonderful husband, and two beautiful children. (and that would mean three waiting for me in heaven, playing with my Grandpa) BUT God’s love is great, and he heard my longing for another baby and he answered, YES! This morning while sitting on the exam table waiting for Dr. Cline to come in I was filled with a many emotions (would have cried at the drop of a hat, six years ago I sat there expecting to see a heartbeat and there wasn’t one), however overall I had a sweet peace! And then happy tears when I saw the little light of this new babies HEARTBEATTING!! Give or take TWO WEEKS (and I really mean take, because my babies are always 2 weeks late) out sweet little baby will be here May 28th!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again!! so exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!!!! YEAH - I'm SOOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOO happy for you and your family

    ReplyDelete