Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

*my big boy*

To be completely honest this morning was super hard for me! Curtis' first full day, all by himself at preschool was today! Other than staying with Grandma, the Bernings, and my Aunt a few times Curtis has never been left anywhere (with people he doesn't know). Last week I was able to slip away from work for an extended lunch and go to "Mommy and Me". This is where he was able to see his classroom and meet his teachers. Today was the "Real Deal"! He has preschool every Tuesday/Thursday from 9:15-11:45. Last night after I put him in bed he got up and came down to my bed (which is VERY UNLIKE him). Upon entering my room I asked him what was wrong? He says, "I'm just so excited to play with all of my friends at school!" He is so much like his Dad, and for that I am thankful. I realized that I was the only one 'nervous' about tomorrow (today). Curtis is such a neat little person, and now I have to truest that Brett and I have done and are doing our best to mold him into a respectful person, and let him become what God has set out for him. I know today was "just" preschool, but I can still remember the first night I had him in the hospital, I was absolutely smitten by him. Most of the time I still am!
**
Last night I told him that I was sorry I wouldn't be there to take his picture with his teachers, but that Papa was going to take my camera so that I could see him at school! (Since I am now doing a long term substitute teaching job in Maize) Curtis looked at me and said, "You can take your picture with me now!" =) Love this little man!
I owe my Dad BIG! He is not a camera person, to say the least!
He didn't zoom, and Curtis isn't looking BUT they are pictures of Curt's first day of school
and I love them!

Curtis finding his name tag!


Playing inside just before my Dad left!

Playing outside with his "new friends" when my Dad came back to pick him up!
**
He's ready to go back, and Mom is ready too! However next Tuesday is his 4th Birthday, and I am bummed that I won't be able to take his cupcakes up to him. Again I am Thankful for Papa and Grandma, they are going to make sure he feels very special on his birthday!!
**
P.S. I am Loving Teaching!! Can not wait to have my own classroom. The kids are GREAT, and I love being in the "teaching zone" however if being honest I DO NOT like being over 5 grown women... AHHH (deep breath and smile)


2 comments:

  1. Great job Curtis and mommy ;-) Hope the school year is full of fun adventures for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I"m behind, but am done with my masters now so should be more caught up. I'm glad you are enjoying 'teaching' can't wait for you to be done.

    ReplyDelete