Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

“Blessed are those who mourn..

for they will be comforted." - Matthew 5:4

March 20, 2012 my Aunt Ruby would have turned 48. Her birthday always falls a week before mine, and she exactly 20 years older than I am, she should have turned 48 as I am turning 28. *sigh*

I didn’t expect it to be such a rough day, but it was. Anytime my Dad cries, it hurts my heart. I listened to Laura Story’s "Blessings" many times that day, and found comfort through her words..

“What if your blessings come through rain drops, what if your healing comes through tears." - this is exactly what the Lord did for us. He did heal Ruby, just not this side of heaven. I know that His ways are so much higher than our ways, yet every now and again I become so heavy hearted that I wonder why she wasn’t healed here?! I pray that my Dad and his family will find the love for Jesus the way my Aunt Rudy and I do. Because while this Earthy separation is sad, without accepting Christ as ones personal savior there will be eternal separation from her.

My mom asked me if I would go to the cemetery to take some flowers and a birthday balloon, of course I was glad to. When we pulled up we saw my Aunt Lanell and Uncle Mark there. Lanell was standing in the rain without an umbrella or coat in tears. I can not imagine visiting one of my sisters on their birthday this way. We stood in the rain for quit a while, no words were really needed. - I did not know that Curtis took a picture of us at the cemetery from the car, until I was looking back through my phone while in Kansas City the other day.- It was a sad day! IMAG0939

No comments:

Post a Comment