Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It still makes me sad..

While changing my bed sheets tonight, I once again noticed the spot that will always remain on my mattress from my first miscarriage, which happened in the middle of the night. I don’t always see it because I don’t change out our pillow top but every so often, normally just changing our sheets.

Tonight it really made me sad. Perhaps it’s because it is 11:30 p.m. or because Brett is gone on a service call and I am home alone (with two sleeping kids). Perhaps it is because of the high level of stress that comes with redoing a structured learning room, and managing 5 adults, and preparing schedules for 5 young men. Perhaps it’s because a woman never really forgets how heartbreaking it is to loose a child that will never be held on this side of heaven.

I haven’t been "consumed with sadness" over my two miscarriages in quite some time. I am very thankful for our growing baby, next week I will be 20 weeks pregnant (that’s half way done). However, I did take a moment to just be sad this evening. When getting in bed and opening my devotional for today there read today’s verse:

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Matthew 10:14

God knows my day before I even start it. He knew that I was going to  need that encouragement tonight. He knew I was going to get a wild hair to "deep clean" my room! I rest assure that my two sweet little babies are in the kingdom of heaven. I pray this is an experience that I never walk again, but I know that if required to bare this cross, I can do it through His strength not my own.

1 comment:

  1. Before I got pregnant this time around, I kind of thought being pregnant again would somehow heal all the wounds of my miscarriage. And while it has helped for sure, I definitely haven't forgotten. I still have moments of sadness too like at Christmas time when decorating the tree. Last Christmas Kalinda had made me a tiny little red hat and I put in on the tree next to my boys silver booties from their first Christmases. I'll always put it up there. But it did make me sad and that's ok. I don't think I ever want to forget.

    ReplyDelete