Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

How it should be!

The Sedgwick County Coop implements the TEACH Method for their structured learning classrooms. We work left to right, modify everything to some sort of picture words, and every moment of these super special students days is put into a schedule. This has not been happening for the past 5 months. I do not blame the first teacher, this is a tough concept.. I am overwhelmed and I have been a para in structured learning for 3 years! Thanks to my WONDERFUL friend and mentor Shelli Locke my room now looks like a structured learning classroom! 

DSC_0647DSC_0650

DSC_0654DSC_0657

   Independent Areas     One-on-One Areas 

DSC_0667DSC_0669

    Group table          Snack Table

IMAG06742       DSC_0668

  Sensory/Therapy Room      Listening/Reading

DSC_0655 Computers

And lots.. lots.. lots of sensory!!

DSC_0659  DSC_0661DSC_0662

IMAG0637IMAG0691

Too cute not to share: I have the students work through a chore strip at different times during the day. One of them is IN LOVE with the paper shredder!! Who knew?! It is the cutest thing I have seen in a while.. he giggles and laughs the entire time it is going down.. it was worth sacrificing a paper shredder at home!

IMAG0663

No comments:

Post a Comment