Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the Eye of the Beholder..

I never struggled with "depression" with my first two pregnancies. This may even be to strong of a word, however I am sad a lot (even most of the time). I guess that once you have lost a large amount of weight, one must mentally prepare themselves to enlarge again. I am doing so much better with this pregnancy (weight wise) then I did with the first two. I am very conscious of what I eat, and am exercising at least every other day (not counting all the exercise I am getting at work Smile). Yet, I just fell super uncomfortable in my own skin, and just simply ugly. Today after getting my house cleaned (which was quite the chore today) I went downstairs and sat next to Brett as he watched football. I looked at him crying and said, "I am tired of being ugly, I just want to go upstairs and put MY cloths on." From the top of the stairs I heard, "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT, YOU AREN’T UGLY YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH!" I smiled and as Curt came down the stairs, with a very disturbed look on his face. I just hugged him and told him that when my tummy was getting bigger I didn’t feel very pretty. He then went on to give me a LONG list of everything I do for him. "You got me clean sheets early this  morning when I had an accident, and then laid with me, I love you!" (one day he will love me for blogging about his bedtime accidents Winking smile). He made me smile, and I soon dried up my tears... I am so thankful that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that to a very precious five-year-old.. I am pretty!

1 comment: