Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hide-and-seek!




Thursday evenings Brett goes and shoots archery with his Dad. So it's just me and the kids. I try and find things for us to do to pass our evening in a somewhat productive way. After a walk to Grandma Carol's I had to sit down and do some reading for school. After getting Cadie down for the night I sat down with my book to begin my marathon of reading. When Curtis asks me if I will play hide and seek with him. I told him I would come and find him two times but then I had to do homework. Which I did, remember that I DID find him twice ;) Afterwards he continued to ask me to play, in which I said ok go hide. Well I turned the monitor on so I could hear him hiding in his room. I did hear him say,"Ok I'm ready come find me!" I heard him say it I think three times while I was reading. The next thing I know it's an hour later (Oh NO) I fell asleep reading and obviously Curtis fell asleep hiding. I looked everywhere for that kid. In his room, and mine. Through my closet and his, and I even crept into Cadies room looking for him. FINALLY under the train table I see feet! (Thankfully because I really didn't want to call Brett and explain I couldn't find Curtis) Of course he wasn't very happy when I woke him up, but everything is solved with some time playing in the bathtub! (And no I didn't remind him that I was supposed to be finding him... SHHH)

1 comment: