Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Sweet Callie...

This evening I am feeling a little defeated. My poor Callie has had a rough 19 months of life so far. As many of you know Callie was diagnosed early on with an allergy to mammal protein - meaning she can not break down the protein that mammal produce.. seriously that is all I know. Dr. Zayat says that she has out grown this. She has ALWAYS screamed, had unusual looking diapers, and bit/scratched herself. Family and a few friends have known/seen how bad it is but I try to protect Callie and don't talk about it much. Seeing the chiropractors helps SO much with the screaming and bowels but the constant itching, scratching, and biting have not gotten any better. Quit simply she is ruining her poor little skin. We have taken her off dairy for over a month now with no improvement. We have treated it as exema and tried every stinking cream under the sun. She only baths with Aveno baby exema... yet it continues. After showing her skin to our chiropractor she feels as though it is textbook gluten allergy reaction. We are going in at 1:00 on Thursday to have her blood drawn for Celiac and gluten intolerance. As I begin to research, shop, and figure out how to change everything in our home to gluten free I have mixed emotions. As much as I don't want this for her and the rest of her life... I desperately need an answer and peace for my baby. When she doesn't seem to be in pain, or screaming she has such a sweet personality. She is such a beautiful mix of both Brett and I!

 
These are few pictures of the makes she leave from scratching...
But look at that BEAUTIFUL face - and she is of course scratching.
Praying for an answer!  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Callie's story! I think you'll find that when you are open that you'll have so many people that will be able to help that are familiar with those situations. If she does end of being gluten intolerant, it won't be as bad as you think. In this day in age, you can find a substitute for pretty much anything!! And it will be wonderful if this is the answer and your baby girl can feel good for the first time in her life!!!

    ReplyDelete