Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I now have a FIVE year old..

100_1182

Five years ago today, I became a mother.. I had no clue what I was doing! All I knew is that I had been blessed with this tiny little miracle that I loved (and still do) with my entire self!

100_1534100_1598

I pretty much raised Curt alone his first 9  months of life. Brett worked seconds shift, so he worked when we were asleep and slept when we were awake.(yuck, so thankful we don’t do that any more)

I woke Curt up this morning with a banana nut muffing and a candle.. I then took him and his birthday treats to Grandma Carol so that Papa Hank could take him to school, and I would go to work. After work the four of us went out to eat to celebrate Curtis!

GetAttachment[7] (2)GetAttachment[8] (2)DSC_0153

DSC_0154DSC_0157

Curtis chose Carlos O’ Kellys

We then picked up Curt’s cake and headed to youth group. Where we played kickball..

DSC_0160DSC_0163

DSC_0170DSC_0171

DSC_0178DSC_0181 (2)

and had cake before our worship/learning/praying time! After we sang, Ted flipped Curt over for a round of B-Day spankings Winking smile (even though no one was really fast enough to get one in)

DSC_0186 (2)DSC_0192 (2)

DSC_0194 (2)DSC_0193 (2)

After youth this is how I found my pretty princess!!

DSC_0197 (2)GetAttachment[9] (2)

Once again we made the right call in changing Cadence into pajamas before leaving youth group!!

**I am very thankful to be Curtis’ mom! Happy 5th Birthday Curtis**

No comments:

Post a Comment