Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Heavy Hearted

Being faced with the possibility of a hysterectomy Brett and I had to sit down and decide what direction we wanted our (future) family to go?! After a lot of prayer and conversation we decided to trust God with our fertility and put off any discussions of a hysterectomy for a year or two. Almost four weeks ago (through a home pregnancy test) we found out we were soon going to be the parents of three *beautiful* children. However last Thursday after blood work we found out that this pregnancy was not viable and there would be no baby. I thought a miscarriage wouldn't hurt as badly being that I have two beautiful children, but I was wrong... the pain is the same, the emptiness is the same and overall I am heavy hearted. The difference this time is I am not angry. God is still so good, and I am learning what a super strong person I am. Having little ones running about has helped a ton, but it is when the house is quiet that the tears sneak back in.... Everything happens in God's timing, I know this experience has made me a stronger person. One day I will be able to use it for His Glory!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kim! I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry. I know your heart must be hurting right now. You and Brett will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - I am so sorry for your heartache. I have lot's to say, so I'm going to send you an email.

    ReplyDelete