Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Amazing Race!

Brett and I were able to part of Children’s Camp this year at Timberlakes (Williamsburg, KS)! We went as counselors and to help with recreation. Overall I would say our first year at camp, was a success. We were honored to be associated with Pastor Ronnie and Aunt Angie! *people love them*

**

These are a few of the youth counselors that we worked with. Brett and I were blessed beyond measure by these young people, and I can’t say enough nice things about them all!!

T

 

This was Wednesday, Wet and Wild Day! This was everyone’s favorite day, including me!

Games after the service!

I always enjoy listening to Reverend Secor preach!! This was no exception!

My girls in the Titan Building for Worship/Service!

We really enjoyed our week, and look forward to returning next year if needed. However, I will admit that I underestimated the emotional distress of leaving my babies for a week. With that in mind, God is so very good and my week was fun, productive, and went by quickly (even though there were tears from missing them). I have been praying for awhile that I would be tough with in frog country, and God provided =)

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.- 1 Corinthians 9:23-27

I returned home with many new verses hide in my heart!

1 comment:

  1. We really appreaciate your willingness to come for the week! It was a great camp and I'm thankful for your part in it!

    ReplyDelete