Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

-that's not what I expected to hear-

I blog this because, the only people who read my blog are very good friends and I feel comfortable sharing and asking for prayer. Embarrassingly I went to the gynecologist today expecting to hear that I was going to need a bladder tuck/lift, whatever it is they do to take care of that very embarrassing problem. I mean I am 27 years old and have as many accidents as my 2 year old! =) No fun!! Although I have delivered two 9 pounds babies. However after an exam I found out that my bladder is just fine, and exactly where it should be. Dr. Cline informed me that I have an enlarged uterus. He asked if I was done having children. I told him I was undecided, and that is when he told me that I was a good candidate for a hysterectomy.. What?? I am 27 and he wants to take out the part that makes me a girl?!?! After a lot of conversation it boils down to this:



  1. I have a decision to make.


  2. If I am done having children then he need to have a hysterectomy.


  3. I can try Physical Therapy (which he has already scheduled me an appointment for) and see if that helps, if it doesn't then I will still need to have my enlarged uterus removed. But this option would buy me some time (a few years) If I would like to have more children.


  4. Do I want my children? YES - I think.... but I can't... not now... In two months I will be unemployed while I student teach. I have NEVER been unemployed!

So my plan of finishing up my masters in the next two years and starting over with two more children is not going to happen. With tear filled eyes I have to remember that it is just that "my plan" and God has a bigger one. I have prayed for normal functioning children, I have also prayed for children who will serve the Lord. Maybe God sees the bigger picture and I am supposed to be done with two children?!?! I don't know! In a little bit of shock and a lot of sad. I don't know, but God does. He has never left or forsaken me. So please pray with me and Brett as we make a decision as what to do. I go back in 4-6 months to see Dr. Cline and go over what our plan of action is going to be. Hysterectomy now or later? Baby now or never? I DON'T KNOW!!

5 comments:

  1. i won't pretend to know what you're feeling, but i want you to know that my heart breaks for you and i'm praying for you as you seek God's guidance and wisdom. if you need *anything*, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are in such a scenario. Sounds like some very big decisions are ahead for you and Brett, indeed. But you know where to look for answers so I'm sure you'll take the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine the decision you are having to make right now, and how hard that must be, but I do know that God will help you make the right one! I will be praying for you and Brett, and God's continued guidance in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kim! I will definitely be praying for you and Brett and you face this big decision. And, don't forget, we serve a healing God! I will be praying for complete healing for His glory!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot to take in for one dr visit. I will be thinking and praying for you as well

    ReplyDelete