Brett and Kim

Brett and Kim
Our Story - Brett, Kimi, Curtis, Cadence and Callie Dyke

About Me

My photo
Goddard, KS, United States
I am one of the fortunate few who married my very bestfriend! Brett and I started dating when I was a sophmore in highschool, and have been together ever since! So I don't know life without Brett in it, and I wouldn't want to. He has given me so many wonderful things over our 14 years together. However the most precious are our children. I am making this blog for them. One day hopefully they will be able to get some of the joy back they have given to me by reading this!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Peace in my Chaos!

It seems like I don't have enough patients for my blessings! Brett is gone most every evening, mostly due to work. I have attempted laundry, dishes, and homework ~ however~ my children remind me that I am first of all Mommy. Then I housewife and student! How does one keep up? As I sit here half feeling sorry for myself over being tired and behind on just about everything, I am reminded that one day they won't need me. There will be silence in this house, and I will long for the sound of whining and laughing. So for now I take a deep breath and be Thankful for my absolute chaos that I call normalcy! And hope that I am not all that abnormal just learning as I go.
Luke 18:27.........The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

3 comments:

  1. You have the right perspective...always remember God is first, husband second, and children next...all else falls somewhere down the line, no matter how important they may feel. I am still learning this after 14+ years with kids and almost 17 years of marriage! Practice makes perfect??!! (I am nowhere near perfect, so I have a lot more practice to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of ((hugs)) to you! You're doing a great job. There's no way I could go to school with kids home. It would stress me out too bad. Hang in there (easier said than done, I know) but this too shall pass! Enjoy your babies. Valerie's right--You've got the right perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Mom's all struggle with feeling overwhelmed; but one blessing God has also given us is Godly sisters that can come along side us. If nothing else to just hold us up in prayer as we go through the seasons of our life. God Bless you and your blessings.

    ReplyDelete